Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Email Notification on Field Update to a Particular Group(OIM)

Hi All,
            One more Scenario which I implemented recently :

If any fields are updated in OIM(oracle Identity Manager) a mail should go to administrator group with the old value and new value of that fields. It was dynamic , you can add any field in future if you want and you can delete any field too.

Email were sent only to specific users with special roles ( A lookup was created in OIM and if any user has any one or more roles from those  7 roles and any extra roles which is not in that list) a mail will go to that user who is considered as a Special user.(Privileged user).


One more lookup was created in OIM for attributes which should go in email ( Any attributes which are present in this lookup are updated from OIM) .Old and new values of those attributes will go in the mail. It was dynamic you can add any attribute in this lookup and it will go in the mail.

One more thing which I took care of is Whenever a new user is created a mail should not go as old value will be blank.

Please let me know if you are implementing any similar scenario and need help.Post the comment with your email address and I will get back to you.

9 comments:

  1. please share the xml file to me also. my email address is alston.alex@diversey.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. please send the entire code
    my email:
    suresh.manyam@trewport.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Please email me the all the details and code that you used to get the task working to shrutics85@yahoo.com.
    I'm working on a similar scenario and need the code as early as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing something similar. When a user profile is updated I need to send email. So, basically it means that any field is updated on a user, emails needs to go out. The issue is that whenever a user's profile is updated, ONE email needs to go out.
    This basically would send email on ALL fields update, i.e. mutiple emails will go out if multiple fields are updated. So, that would not work. How to send just one email after any and all user fields are updated?
    I am at llk_310@rediff.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I am ravi .
    I need some ideas on to retreive the datas from OIM lookup and sent mails.like the one you specified above.
    please send me the sample template code
    Thanks for your help dude
    please reach me at m_kn@live.in

    Regards,
    Ravi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to implement same scenarion.

    Please mail me at er.vivek1234@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi,

    How you managed to get old value and new value for OIM attribute?

    Do you have written entity adapter for Users data object definition?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    Can you please send me entire code to my email sonkooo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    Can you please send me entire code to sonkooo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete